Well, since we will not be having another child vaginally unless that child is guaranteed to have a penis, it is time that we release our much heralded girl baby names. I have had this list since I was in high school so it is very near and dear to me.
Throwing this out there is kind of like telling everyone you are going on a diet or doing a marathon. You really want to do it but wonder if you can actually do what is necessary to accomplish the task so for extra motivation you tell everyone you know in hopes that they will hold you to it and the potential embarrassment of not getting it done will motivate you to train, not eat, or whatever.
So we have decided we don't want any more kids if there is a chance it could be another girl. We have discussed it at length and said it over and over and over again. So hopefully throwing these names out there will be a motivator to do what we want to do but wonder if we can actually go thorough with which is not have any more kids.
I have not ruled out adoption or that procedure where you choose the sex but my pocketbook has ruled both of them highly doubtful.
So here are our girl baby names. Feel free to use them. Like most other things released like this, this is first come first served. If you can get yourself knocked up first you are in the drivers seat. Good luck. I am sure the boys names will follow soon. Here is the girls list:
Harper (Kate was Harper until she came out)
Sloan (girlfriend of Ferris Bueller)
Mayzie (Daisy head Mayzie, Dr Seuss book)
Margot
Parker
Laney
Micah (Kate's middle name, my great grandfathers middle name)
Terygan or Terragan (this one is on the boy list too so I hesitate to release it but I doubt anyone would use it but me. There is that Lemonheads song where "pepper, salt, sugar, and tarragon, were hangin by the pool".
I liked Harper for a long time but I think Sloan is #1 for me right now. I can't wait to see little Sloan crawling around soon. I hope I get to hold her and then give her back to her parents.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Just in time!
thanks Shayne. I think you should charge for that list, btw.
My gift to the world.
hey! sloan has been my #1 for so long! the only reason we didn't use it yet is andy's mom hates it. but it's my favorite! i also like harper for a girl.
So when's the boy list coming? You've got about a week.
Huh, great minds DO think alike.
I don't think anyone was in love with Parly for a girl when we named our oldest but it has grown on most. There is no way someone named Sloan can't be intelligent and beautiful in all the right ways, it is just not possible.
Daisy would love to have me release the boy names but there is one I just love that I cannot let go of, you would use it so fast Sadie, it's not even funny. As Wilson Phillips so wisely said once, the dream is still alive.
Oh man, I know a Sloan & she sure ruined the name for me.
I love all the names though & I love the names you chose for your girls!
I'm glad you guys arn't having any more kids, because those names suck.
I agree with Josh.. Sloan has to be the worst name on the list, sounds like an flop eared coon hounds name!Sick 'em Sloan!
i don't think you need to worry about anyone stealing those names dude. i thought for sure that tiger would be on there somewhere.
i always wanted to name a kid sloane so she could wear boots and walking shorts just like super cool sloane on ferris bueller's day off. then i woke up and realized people would mock me.
my dream could live on through you guys-- DO IT.
"So that's how it is in their family"
Post a Comment