Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Shayne Clay

I think it is cool when people go by 2 names but lame and pretentious when they insist on it. I know a lot of people, and off hand they are all women, that go by 2 names. My daughter Parly's middle name is Sue and Parly Sue just rolls off the tongue.

There is a person I know, however, that her name is like that but you have to call her by both names and the fact that everyone calls her by both names just bothers me for some reason. She seems like such a nice person too but I guess she is not.

Here are some others that I like:

Becky Jeane
Peggy Lee
Maggie Mae
Emily Anne

Here are some I don't:

Mary Jo (too Country)
Becky Sue (too old)
Mary Jane (too weedy)
Becky Lynn

Again, Mary Jo Peterson or whatever is a fine name but I don't want to have to call you Mary Jo. Can't I just call you Mary? Please?

So who have I offended out there? Let me have it.

17 comments:

jared stanley said...

that's my mom's name.

Amy said...

I will never speak to you again.

HA... jk. I don't have an opinion on this matter. I will call people whatever they want me to call them ***within limits***

So there you have it Shayne Clay (does that offend you? what about Daisy Sue?)

Anonymous said...

Another one that just sort of rolls off is Sadie Leigh. Don't you think?

Erica Onelove said...

Funny Shayne.

I also don't like when people have two names but don't care if you call them one or the other.

Just pick one because it's to confusing. It's like calling me either Erica or Nicole. Doesn't make any sense.

Anonymous said...

Evin Anonymous kinda rolls of the tongue! But you Sir can call me Big.

Shayne said...

You know what else rolls off the tongue? Evin Jerk or Evin loser, those just flow, you know?

Anonymous said...

Whats with the name calling? I thought we were friends:(

Anonymous said...

my fav's:

jared ralph
kendall wayne

Shayne said...

The words Kendall Wayne belong together like Wallace and Gromit. Those words are like sweet nectar to the ears. If saying Kendall Wayne is wrong, I don't want to be right. I could not agree more.

Shayne said...

Jared Ralph..... eh

Shayne said...

J/k J!

Anonymous said...

I have a friend named Rick Bob Pitcher, poor guy.

k8theriver said...

i knew a sarah beth. i never understood but didn't know her well enough to ask her.
i can't even call my kids by their one 2-syllable name.

Emily said...

I totally know what you mean, I know a Mary Beth and a Mary Kay...There's something about Mary.

Boy, I'm punny.

Marty Reeder said...

"J. Martin" takes the cake. I'm sure we all agree. Whether for a clothing line or a general authority, you can't go wrong with J. Martin.

tara said...

shayne, you are a friggin' riot.
I have to give you kuddos for "daring" to admit you've been stalking my blog by actually leaving a comment. Here is an admission of my own. Kristin gave me your blog addy MONTHS ago with the promise of a good laugh. You did not disappoint:) One week in church I *almost* leaned over the bench and whispered "way to go on the articles in the spectrum" but decided that would appear way more creepy than congratulatory...so I refrained:)SOOO...the truth is out. I'm a lurker. I read Daisy's and even cute Parly Sue's on occasion. (man, what brilliant parents came up with that two-name masterpiece? :)
I WILL have to be extra careful about what I post concerning the rivalry of sorts currently underway...by the by...I(sort of) hope your flag came out of the excessive taping incident unmarred...

Anonymous said...

i like the names jared and ralph

and kendall wayne, shayne clay is good too.