So I want to tell anyone about a social experiment that I have been invited to take part in. It is called Disturb The Universe.
DTU is just an idea right now but it is an idea about what we can do using our brains and little else. I know what you are thinking, just brains? Shayne is doomed to fail. Probably, but here is how it works anyway.
There are some very loose guidelines. Everyone that is doing it starts with $100. The goal is to take that $100 and double your money. You are supposed to try something new every month. I don't want to blow your mind but if you were to double your money every month you would have $409,600 in only 1 year.
That may be unrealistic, but I think some cool ideas and experiences can come from this experiment. The people doing it are fantastic, I am not in their class. If you know me very well, you could guess who came up with the idea and some of the individuals that are involved.
There is a blog that will probably be made public a little later. In the meantime, wish me luck and please pass on any ideas you might have on doubling my money. And yes, I thought of Vegas already.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
WOOOOW. that is cool.... and sorry I have no ideas on how you could double your hundred. I will keep thinking though.
the tricky one will be doubling the 400... the 800... WOOOOW again....
Maybe you could go on a game show. Aren't there some that double your money as you go up in rounds?
I read about a guy who started with only a red paper clip and traded 14 times ending with a house.
would moving to South America count? It would be like doubling your money.
If you start with a 100 bucks and then sell your body for an easy 100 bucks on craigslist, that would be an easy way to double the first hundy, although Daisy might not approve. Then take the 2 hundy to vegas and you are 11 bets away from $409,600! Sounds to good to be true!
Maybe you could invest in Pulmetec!
Mom
I saw the same thing that Heather saw. How he ended up with a house is beyond me. Good luck with that Shayne.
P.S. Vegas sucks.
Post a Comment