Monday, July 30, 2007

Reno "Renegade" Raines

After many years apart I found Reno again. I have missed him so much, it has probably been since 1996 since I last saw him. Where has he been hiding, that is what I want to know. No matter, we are back together and that is all that matters.

If you are not familiar with Reno Raines, he is the character of Lorenzo Llamas from the syndicated action show Renegade. Reno, like many other heroes of our time, was falsely accused of a crime he did not commit (think A-team, the Fugitive, etc). I think it had something to do with his wife's death who he loved very dearly which makes it hard for him to get close to another woman (but he can get kind of close to a woman almost every episode).

Now that he has been falsely accused he spends his time on the road, riding his Harley, and working for a Bounty Hunter named Bobby Sixkiller, a Native American man played by Branscombe Richmond. Bobby allows Reno to work for him, knowing of his true innocence.

Together with Cheyenne Phillips, played by Kathleen Kinmont, who is somehow Bobby Sixkiller's sister but could not look less like him, the three roam the "badlands" in search of justice and those running from the law.

Actually, all you need to know is in the intro to the show which you can find here.

This show means a lot to me because it reminds me of college. Me, Kendall, and my two roommates from Kamas, Utah Rory and Joe, would watch this show every afternoon at 2pm. It did not matter if I was studying, with a girl, at work, I would drop whatever I was doing and get home to watch Renegade with the boys and they would do the same. Even though Rory and Joe were embarrassed, they went out of their way to be there when that opening music started.

And if you think Reno Raimes is only good for entertainment once a day, you would be wrong on that. Kendall and I had a whole thing where, if there was a cute girl in the computer lab, we would print a copy of Reno's face off of the web and then use it as a conversation piece (Kendall, of course, did this much better than I did). So picture Kendall, he has just printed a picture of Reno (Lorenzo Llamas), and he goes to get it from the lab employee who is a cute girl and Kendall would answer a question that the girl had not even asked, he would say "oh, this picture? That's Reno Renegade".

The guys name was Reno Raines and he was on the show Renegade but Kendall always called him Reno Renegade. And of course, for Kendall, these tactics worked every time.

I miss Kendall, he lives far away. I would pay $100 for a homemade sandwhich made by Kendall Wayne right now. Until this past weekend I missed Reno too. I am glad at least Reno is back in my life.

5 comments:

daisy said...

I was reading my book in the same room while Shayne was watching and I heard, "I've got to go ride in some wind." What? Pretty fun stuff.

Shayne said...

Actually, what happened was, Reno told Bobby in a very dramtic fashion, "I'm getting outta here" and Bobby asks "where will you go?". And Reno, after a nice acting pause says "wherever the wind takes me".

And then in the next episode he was right there with Bobby again so I don't know where he went exactly.

Anonymous said...

hahaha awesome. dude i love a good kendall story.

Anonymous said...

there's only one kendall wayne ford. i have betty boop's number memorized cause every time i try to get in touch with him his number has changed and i have to give her a call.

Anonymous said...

kendall is amazing.. i met more people in one year under the wing of kwf than i did the rest of my collegiate career... and i had a long collegiate career. i wanted to share a story, but i couldn't narrow it down to just one.