The Wif had a post a few months back about an old movie she had remembered and tracked down on this new site that she had found called Google. About a year ago I was in Logan at the big video store there, Hastings, and I ran into a movie that I loved when I was little. It was called Midnight Madness. I had to buy it and it was worth every penny. It came out in 1980 and was Michael J Fox's first film, he is so bad in it. But the film is as funny today as it was when I was 7 watching it. This one screams for a remake. My kids like it too. There is a part where one of the clues is between this woman's cleavage but other than that it is clean and great. Why won't Scott's brother just love him for who he is?
Then a few weeks ago I remembered watching this movie about a guy that has super powers unless he sees red. I remember the song that goes "supa supaaaaaaaaa....supa supa supa" and I remember this one scene where he blows up a piece of gum so big that he was able to surface a sunken ship. Of course I had to have this movie too so I found it on Amazon and it arrived a few days ago. It's called Super Fuzz AKA Super Snooper. I watched it with the kids this last weekend who asked me lots of questions like, "why is his partner so dumb?"and "why does he have an accent?"which he does, so this one did not land as well as Midnight Madness did. Still fun though.
"When Midnight Madness starts to get to you....doesn't matter what you say...doesn't matter what you do you're going to play"
Here is a clip from You Tube of Midnight Madness. Funny, the best is how the bartender at a Pabst Blue Ribbon plant has a whistle and when he blows it 3 security guards come running to throw out underage punks.
Here is a clip from Super Fuzz. It is actually the Trailer to the film. Don't ask why he is in the electric chair or how he shot a rocket with his gun, you just have to watch like the rest of us.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I didn't watch the whole Super Fuzz movie. (Thank goodness). But I did love the music. Any chance there is a soundtrack to that bad boy?
The only problem with Midnight Madness is that I watched it about two years ago, and I still get the theme song stuck in my head about twice a month. Thanks to this blog, it's back again. "When midnight madness starts to get to you, doesn't matter what you say, doesn't matter what you do..."
I wonder if Super Fuzz is anything like my favorite forgotten movie Fuzz Bucket...? Anyone else know or remember Fuzz Bucket?
Post a Comment