Friday, August 03, 2007

Worst Blog Entry in my 2 years of blogging

Last Thursday Josh and I had this conversation on Instant Messenger,

Josh: Dude, are you guys getting flooded out?

Me: I don't think so, what are you talking about?

Josh: http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,695197213,00.html

Me: How awesome. Not that there is flooding but that I have to find out about something happening 5 miles from my house from someone in the NYC.

Josh: Yeah

(5 minutes of no Instant Messaging)

Me: If I wanted to be a famous reporter, all I have to do is go to every story and find someone in the crowd or knock on doors until someone tells me it is the "biggest" or "worst" whatever they have seen in XX years. Did you see that guy in that article?

Josh: Yeah

Me: Worst flood he has seen in 46 years. We had the flood in 2005, barely 2 years ago, that wiped out like 20 homes and did millions of dollars in damage but this is the worst this guy has seen? Oh, the biggest flood of just North Creek (pronounced Krik).

Me: I just hate that someone has to say it is the worst or largest to make it a good story.

Josh: haha

Me: The best is when they are a policeman and they have been on the force like 6 months and they come across a fender bender and the reporter gets them to say "this is the worst accident I have seen in my 6 months on the force".

2 comments:

Amy said...

you are well on your way to being a famous reporter. the "worst" got me... I was hooked.

Emily said...

yep.