I hate baseball. There are many things that surprise me in life and one of those is that a person with all of their marbles would sit down and watch a baseball game in the months of November-September. It just makes no sense. But in October it is a different story. For some reason something clicks in October and baseball games become more interesting. It's the playoffs of course and the World Series that do it. I remember watching the WS in like 2002 when the Daimondbacks beat the Yankees in game 7 bottom of the 9th fashion and watching it with my wife and just loving it. But this year is very different, it is still painful to watch this year and I have been trying to pin point why I can't get into it. I finally figured it out this weekend. It is not only because I am not a fan of any of the teams that are still in it, it is more importantly because I don't hate any of the teams in it.
I hate the Yankees, the Utes, the Bulls, the Lakers, college teams from Florida, among others. And that is what made the 2002 World Series special is I like teams from Arizona but I really hate the Yankees so seeing them lose and the Diamondbacks win, and in dramatic fashion, was so great.
It is sad to admit but I love to hate teams more than I love to love them. I love the Astros but I hate the Yankees more. I love the Aggies and BYU but I hate Utah more. I love the Broncos but I hate the Cowboys more. I love to hate stuff. Does that make me pessimistic and sad or edgy and dark? I am going with edgy and dark.
So go Tigers or Cardinals. I don't care. I don't love or hate either one of you. I don't care about you equally.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment