Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Oprah is a Mormon

I was watching a little of the recent NBA games and I noticed that everyone in the Phoenix audience look just like they were flown down from the St George area. Lots of blondness and implantness, skinny girls and spikey haired gelled out guys. So I realized that these people look a lot like people from Las Vegas and also from Southern California. So Vegas, Phoenix, and LA are all copying St George. Well, with all the celebs moving to the area, they ought to copy St George.

St George is awesome though, I don't know if you have heard, but apparently there have been some sweet rumors going around about celebrities buying homes here. This rumor has nothing to do with The Olive Garden or Steve Martin joining the LDS church. These rumors have to do with who has moved to the area. Let me tell you who has moved into the area. As people like to say as they spread these rumors, "we (the st george area) have been discovered"

Let's start with Stone Cliff up where my friend the Dyers live. Not only has Julius Erving AKA Dr J moved up there but also get this, Celine Dion has installed a heli-pad up there so she can helicopter back and forth from St George to her Vegas show at Caesar's Palace. I am not making this up, these are actual rumors that people swear to me are true. Also Oprah is supposed to have bought a house up there or in the Hurricane area for some reason.

Up in the ledges, not only has Paul Allen who owns Microsoft purchased a home up there but also Robin Williams visited Red Mountain Spa and loved it so much he purchased there in the Ledges as well. And Julia Roberts too purchased in The Ledges. Julia Roberts also purchased in Stone Cliff. I don't know why she wants 2 houses in the area but she does.

This one might be my favorite, any Will and Grace fans out there? Well, if you love Will and Grace and you like Albertsons, go to Ivins and you will see that Debra Messing bought a house. Yes, she has her pick of anywhere in the world and she chose Ivins and she was recently spotted in Albertsons shopping with her son or daughter. I can't make this stuff up so it must be true.

Finally, Hightower from Police Academy fame supposedly bought a house down by Stone Cliff. Not only that, he is also gay. He bought a house from my friends friend. He was not at closing but he bought it.

There are probably tons of other ones out there that I have missed. People love a good rumor, especially people from here in Southern Utah. All of the rumors and people I have mentioned in this entry have been told to me personally that they bought a home here and the person that told me had no doubt about the veracity of this rumor. No one said, "I don't believe it but this is what I heard....", everyone said, "did you hear who moved to The Ledges?....". I feel like I am the only skeptic, that of course the Will and Grace lady bought a home in Ivins, why wouldn't she? Anyway. If I missed any rumors, please leave me a comment and let me know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha when i was in SG i heard a few rumors about celebs moving there too, i think it was tiger woods and bill gates, i don't remember the other one, but that's funny.
FYI:Paula Newby-Fraser, who is the winningest woman Ironman Triathlete ever, bought a lot in Cedar City. That's from the horse's mouth, yo! she decided to buy in cedar because i guess she just stays with julia roberts when she comes to st. george.

Shayne said...

That is funny J. Now that you say that, I think I have heard the Bill Gates one but I was assuming he and Paul Allen were one person as far as the rumors go. I had not heard Tiger Woods yet. I can't wait to see him at Red Hills Golf Course.

Anonymous said...

i remember when Kmart was built in st. george when i was little, i remember thinking that same thing, 'we're finally this huge city', and i felt the same way when jermaine stewart and the jets came in concert.

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

Jordan Ferney sent me your link about this rumor. That is a great set of rumors - I hadn't heard them all & I live in St. George! My dad's name is Paul Allen & he went to the parade home in the Ledges, so it may have all started there! :) St. George is awesome.

Oh, Bonnie Luke who lives across from my parents actually impersonates Celine Dion all over the country! She seriously looks like her so I am sure either she started the rumor or Stonecliff who needs more awesome celebs.

jordan said...

Oprah? Really?

Anonymous said...

Duh!!!!
EVERYONE knows that Kevin Kostner lives in Entrada and Samuel L. Jackson invested in the Ledges.
Get with it, people.

Anonymous said...

Don't tell anyone, but my husband knows this lady, whose friend just sold her house in Stone Cliff to Larry King. Shhhhh