I just got back from Scottsdale, Arizona. It was pretty fun, took the fam down, went swimming blah blah blah. We saw Mike Tyson at PF Changs, was that the highlight of the trip? No, but it was a pretty ordinary trip, I was in trainings all day. The kids swam a lot. It was nice.
There was a rad guy in one of the classes I was in, if I ever get like this will someone please tell me? He mentioned on the first day how he was a "runner" and if anyone wanted to go 4 miles the next morning he would be going. I was saying a few weeks back that runners and triathletes are the coolest people, the coolest little community. But this guy reminded me about the ugly side of that community, the braggadocios guy that wants everyone to know they run and do triathlons or marathons or whatever. So the next day the guy must have run 4 miles cuz he announces to class how tired he is but he is NOT hung over cuz he went 4 miles. Then we are in line for lunch and some other guy says something that has nothing to do with anything and somehow runner man transitions that into how he ran 4 miles that morning. I heard about it one more time later at break. The sad thing was he was never talking to me, if we would have made eye contact I would have had to hear it again. Maybe I just happened to be around him every time he talked about it but it was annoying. I mean, I just went 5 on Saturday but whatever.
It has been suggested that a good Blogger posts often, keeps the audience coming back. I think I will start posting twice a week, once for realsies and one short one. Just a cute little guy about something. Also, I would encourage anyone that has any interest in this blog to read the comments, those comments are the real funny things in the world. If you don't you are a loooo-zer.
Monday, June 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When you said "I ran 5 on Saturday...but whatever." That reminded me of Doug on the King of Queens. I can't remember the exact line or episode when he says it, but it was definitely funny and made me laugh. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about.
Sadly, no one knows this show beter than you and I Daisy so if we don't remember the exact line, no one will. Not even Doug Heffernan himself.
Post a Comment