Thursday, June 29, 2006

Legs Volleyball NOT Legs Tennis

I have had the same IM picture in my IM profile for probably just over a year now and today is the first day that anyone has asked me about it. I have been really disapointed about that. For those of you that don't know what IM is, how did you figure out what a Blog is? IM stands for Instant Messaging where you write back and forth with someone INSTANTLY anywhere in the world. You open up an IM window and type back and forth just like you are having an oral conversation. It is awesome and a miracle of the modern world that we take for granted. It has been fun for me to get in contact with friends in Portugal who I would otherwise not contact due to expense and time and other issues as well as my friend that works about 1/2 block from me, we IM too. But when you have a profile you are allowed to have a display picture with that profile that displays in your window and in the window of the person with whom you are communicating. My picture for almost a solid year is this one here:



I would think a picture like that would cause quite a stir. I mean, think about it. These guys are playing volleyball...... with their legs! Have you ever tried to play volleyball with your hands? It is not that easy. But with your legs? So today my colleague at work (who is literally in the next room and I can actually SEE him) and I were Instant Messaging and he asked me about my picture. He had the nerve to accuse these guys of playing only Legs Tennis. The picture is Legs Volleyball. The difference being if you are playing Legs Tennis the net is only like 4 feet off the ground but for Legs Volleyball it is more than 8 feet off the ground. I think the greatest athletes in the world play Legs Volleyball and I can't believe it is not as amazing to everyone else as it is to me. I have even tried changing the picture in the middle of an IM conversation and then changing it back to Legs Volleyball to see if the person with whom I was messaging noticed and nothing. What does a person need to do in today's world to get noticed? If you are playing Legs Volleyball and can't get noticed, I don't know what to tell you about modern society.

No comments: