Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back to Basics

Not only a good album by Billy Bragg, but also my goal for 2008. Let's all just get back to basics. And the best way I can do this is start 2008 with a mustache.

I can't say that I have always wanted a mustache, not exactly. But I have always wondered how some people can pull off the mustache and some can't.

Tom Selleck can do it.


Brandon Flowers from "The Killers" is nice.

Sean Penn looks good.

And then there is this guy from "The Big Lewbowski"


Look at the man. He is just a stud. It is not just the hat either. I mean, I don't necessarily need to look like I could kick someone's arse, I just want to be able to walk into a joint and people don't go, "what's with the stash?". Why can't it look like that is what I wear every day.

So I am going to have it for a few days and hope that maybe by the weekend Daisy or someone says, "you know, that thing is really growing on me". That will be one of my greatest days ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

im pretty sure you need to post a pic so we can experience "Disco Shayne" in all his glory.

sadie said...

I'm still not quite sure how growing a stache brings you back to the basics but whatever.

Good luck, ruttager, good luck.

Anonymous said...

im dissapointed in you... I never thought of you as a quiter before.

Erica Onelove said...

Please, oh please grow one like this....
http://www.handlebarclub.co.uk/03mercury.jpg

I'm infatuated with them. They are hot & nobody will grow one!