This is a re-peat post about how I don't have the desire to go to concerts anymore. I wish I did. I stayed up last night thinking of all the concerts I have been to and when they were. Just like I said with Neil Young, I recorded Allison Krauss the other night from Austin City Limits and I enjoyed it so much. How fun would it be to just sit and listen and clap and enjoy. I don't want to get sweaty and stuff anymore.
I think I was ruined by concerts when I went to U2 in 1996. I felt like everyone in the world liked U2 then and that made me not like them anymore and not enjoy the concert as much. If I could have been to a Joshua Tree concert in Tempe in 1987 then I would have had an experience. 1996 on the tour with the big lemon was not much of an experience for me. I guess if I could "discover" a new band or get in on the ground floor I would probably like them more. I just don't like new music very much. I really liked Cake in 98., it was a small venue, intimate pot-smoking rowdy crowd. And that Ralph Nader rally was one of the best things I ever did. So fun.
I have not been to a concert in 7 years, is that possible? And that was a political rally for heaven's sake. I think this is all of them but I probably left out one or two.
The Jets 1985
Martika 1986 (yes, THAT Martika)
Rick Astley 1986
New Order 1987
PIL 1987
The Sugarcubes 1987
Midnight Oil 1988
The Godfathers 1989
Love and Rockets 1989
Phranc 1990
Morrissey 1990
Fumbling Planets 1990
The Jets 1994
REM 1995
Grateful Dead 1995
CCR (creadence clearwater revisited)
Soul Asylum 1996
Rage Against The Machine 1996
U2 1996
Indigo Girls 1997
Cake 1998
Ani DeFranco 2000 - Ralph Nader Rally
Eddie Vedder 2000 - Ralph Nader Rally
Ben Harper 2000 - Ralph Nader Rally
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hate large venues. I will only go to a concert if it's a small, more personal place where I can actually see what's going on.
I went to Dave Matthews at the E Center when I was prego & there was a giant speaker right in the way....I couldn't see anything.
But we did go to a ska concert in SLC with the Bloxhams & that was fun. Also, The Lemonheads & Robert Plant & Jimmy Page only because I was right up front.
But my favorite is the outdoor concerts & festivals in SLC. They are so fun. We used to always go to the blues & bluegrass ones.
P.S. I love Allison Krauss & would die to see her. I thought you didn't like country? Or do you like bluegrass?
Sorry, this is more of a post than a comment.
I dont know if its cool to count the opening bands as concerts you have been too.
I think I was at 75% of the concerts you went to.
you forgot the ocean blue concert we went to in provo.
i've never been to a concert that was more than $10. not that i'm proud of that, just never have.
You made it to some good shows. And wow, your concert career began 23 years ago.
I am most envious about New Order, Sugarcubes(Bjork), Love and Rockets, Kill Uncle Morrissey, and the Dead show the year Jerry died.
I was one of the 80,000 people at that U2 gig, too. What a coincidence.
Post a Comment