Monday, July 23, 2007

Jay Leno, why the head to toe denim, why?

This was a conversation between me and the wif the other night:

Wif: "I know now why you always say Jay Leno wears head to toe denim. When he does those man on the street interviews they get a bunch of questions together and do them all at once."

Me: "So you think they do like a year's worth of questions at once?"

Wif: "Yes, he always goes to Universal Studios"

Me: "But he asks topical questions about events that just happened, and what about the questions he asks when he is in Vegas? He is still wearing head to toe denim."

Wif: (while realizing that Leno DOES just wear head to toe denim all the time) "Why aren't we telling people this?"

Me: "Who do we tell? He knows he wears head to toe denim and probably just loves denim. Should we write him a letter? Who else would we tell?"

When Jay Leno is on his show he wears a suit but when he does anything else he wears head to toe denim. When it is cold out he may wear a jacket but still has denim under there. Here are ALL the clips from youtube of him when he is doing his man on the street interviews (JayWalking). As crazy as it sounds these were not all done on the same day. The man just loves denim.

Here
Here
Here
Here

So there you go. Now 4 other people know about Jay Leno and his nasty little secret. I defy you to find any pictures anywhere of Leno where he is not wearing a suit or denim. It's not possible.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

two times in my life i thought that it would be cool to have all-denim(i.e. jeans jacket)

1)when i was in middle-school i wanted a jeans jacket but we were too poor, in hindsight one of the great blessings of being poor.

2)when i first moved out to NYC i figured i should give the whole metrosexual thing a go, i bought a jeans jacket and wore it for about a month. it was not cool.
i think i'm done with the head-to-toe denim look, you can quote me on that.

Anonymous said...

head to toe denim ROCKS... yep... I bet he bought his denim shirts from the Gap in 1993. that was a good year for denim. or else... I bet the Gap currently makes special denim shirts for Jay Leno. I wish the Gap would make special clothes for me.

Anonymous said...

p.s. that last one was me -- Amy -- Tyler has somehow signed himself up for blogging as well... I did not realize this until after I posted the comment...

daisy said...

Okay, good it is out. People have discussed it. Jay Leno wears way too much denim.

Seriously though, have people (and when I say people I'm talking about the fashion do's and don'ts experts) already talked about Jay's denim addition and I missed it. Just wondering, why Shayne and I were they only ones concerned about it...or rather getting bugged about it.
Thanks for the post Shayne.

daisy said...

I meant addiction not addition. simple error-but definite change in meaning.

Anonymous said...

i googled "jay leno" and "denim" and it looks like there are plenty of gay men out there who share your concerns about jay leno and denim, shayne. you should invite some of them to your blog so you can talk about fashion and golf.

Erica Onelove said...

Hey Shayne, my husband and I wonder the same thing everytime we watch "jaywalking" or any other show he's on for that matter. His suits rock though...he always looks.

Shayne said...

Thank you Erica, I am glad my wife and I aren't the only ones. Great minds think alike you know.