Sunday, May 24, 2009

In what lane would Jesus drive?

It's just terrible what has happened. I never thought this type of infestation would make it this far and effect myself and other people that I care about so soon. I wish, oh how I wish, I was simply talking about the H1N1 virus, how much easier would my life be?

But alas, I am not talking about the swine flu. Having traveled to the northern part of Utah, I was horrified to find something much worse along the way....... LeftLaneItus.

When I travel on Interstate 5 from Southern California to the bay area, I expect to pass people on the right. Californians have long been too clueless and arrogant to travel in the right lane. The state of the California school system is so poor that even being able to read a sign that says "Slower Traffic Keep Right" or even to know right from left is just too much for their intellect. But now it has happened in my home state too.

Utah has long been a place where we should not be proud of our driving skills. I have been flipped off and flipped others off way more in Utah than I ever did in Texas or Arizona or other places I have traveled or lived. We are the least Christlike people when you put us behind the wheel.

But we have always known our left from our right, our slow lanes from our fast. It tears me up to think that the one thing we have going for us (as far as interstate travel goes at least) could be lost forever.

I am hoping, as I am sure you are as well, that this was just an anomaly. One crazy, wild, Memorial Day weekend where we all got a little ahead of ourselves. At this point, I guess all we can do is hope for the best but plan for the worst.

2 comments:

jared stanley said...

yeah i think utah drivers have that going for them, most of us respect the fast lane.

Sabrosa Cycles said...

http://www.ny1.com/Content/Top_Stories/99377/survey--new-york-has-nation-s-worst-drivers/Default.aspx

Most folks in the Utard fire up the road rage on the two block drive home from taking the santa cena. Everyone is in a big ol' hurry to get home so they can spend the rest of the night on their cans watching hours of commercials. God bless Amurica.