I'm getting Pizza tonight from Little Sleazers for my parents birthday party. On a side note, I worked at LC in high school. I got promoted to Assisstant Manager until the Manager found out I was not 18 and could not legally run the bread dough mixer, I forget what that thing is called. The Berkle maybe? LC is cheap and easy but not that good in my opinion.
One of my fondest memories is being poor, just married, and splitting a crazy bread with my new wife for lunch. We could not afford Crazy Sauce, just the bread with a 99 cent coupon. This was in Logan while we were both finishing our last year of college. After class we would take it back to our attic apartment where we could only stand up straight in the kitchen, not in the TV room or bedroom, and we had no shower, only a bath. That was a great time in my life. I would give anything to live that simply again. Maybe someday.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think all married couples look back at their first homes, meager as they might be and the little things that made us so happy. You are so excited to be together and it is a new beginning. Dad and I love to think about how we would save up my tip money from working at JB's in Logan to use for eating out and bringing home garlic bread from Fredrico's. Those simple things were awesome. However, I wouldn't want to go back and live in that house with the stokermatic in the living room and the floors that sent you sliding downhill in the bathroom. I think it was great, because you knew it was temporary or at least you hoped it would be.
When the kids are gone and you have the chance to go back to the simpler things, you will miss the time when you had the chaos and hectic life.
Oh man. I was going to leave a comment about and an amen. How wonderful it was not to have children and be able to fit everything you owned into your car. Then I saw your mom's comments and was reminded of JBs and Fredricos. Fredricos has the best pizza/garlic bread in the world. And next time I come to Logan, I'm getting some...damn it.
Yeah, the burkle couldn't be operated by everyone. We as management felt it was best to make you wait till you were 18 to take on such a big challenge. I've always felt bad about taking that opportunity away from you. Nate
Good old times in Logan. Fredericos.... what memories.
Post a Comment