One of the many life lessons I learned from the movie Teen Wolf was given by the coach of the basketball team. He laid down three rules to live by that are as applicable today as they were in 1985:
1) Never get less than 12 hours sleep
2) Never play cards with a man who has the same first name as a city
3) Never go near a lady that has a tattoo of a dagger on her body
But the key to happiness, according to a 60 minutes piece (click on "The pursuit of Happiness") last Sunday, is to not have your expectations too high. This is super smart in my opinion and the reason the US is number 20 something in happiness and Denmark is number one. We are constantly trying to keep up with each other and we are never content with what we have. What is wrong with enough being good enough? The American Dream, keeping up with the Jonses, that stuff is all bogus. Good for the Danes being content and happy with what they have.
I mean, Scott tried to have it all. The wolf would be the best basketball player, the best dancer, and the best with the ladies (aw to the yeah). But in the end, Scott had to do it his way, he had to just be Scott, at the dance, in the championship game, and even with the ladies.
And he lived HAPPILY ever after.
Thanks Teen Wolf.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
maybe we should all become lutherans.
"win in the end?" i've been singing "win in the air" in my head for the last 23 years every time i get in a tight spot. it's easy to see how i made that mistake though, with michael j. getting such big air on those layups.
Those blasted Danes with their low expectations. I say we send them some nukes and see how happy they can be with radiation for a couple decades!
Shayne, I really want to set Ryan Sipher up with my frined Stacy. I've wanted too forever. Should I just give you her email. What's the best way?
Post a Comment