I am finding that a blog has been a useful place to get things off my chest. It is difficult for me to walk up to a stranger, or even someone I know, and tell them all about my bowel movements. For some reason though, I have been able to do that in my blog.
It has to be the therapeutic nature of getting these things off of your chest that is attractive to me. And I am not alone. I have seen people admit to a lot of things on a blog. Things as crazy as wanting to kill someone while driving or even liking country music. Where else could someone admit to an affinity for country music but in a non-threatening environment like this?
Well, in this same vein, I need to say that I like the song Part of Your World from the movie Little Mermaid.
There, I said it. And it feels good.
In my defense, the reason I made this landmark discovery was because my 8 year old has this album called Disney Mania, where main stream people re-do these famous Disney movie songs. Here is the version of this song from this album.
But it is not just because this artist punked the song up and added a guitar solo. The lyrics are very clever if you think about them. I mean, think of all the crazy things we earth dwellers have that a mermaid doesn't. Legs, fire, streets....dryers, bras that are NOT made out of seashells.... I am sure the list goes on and on.
Ok, I am at least half kidding there but I think it is a good tune. The lyrics are clever and I like the punked up version of it. I like to play it really loud in my mini-van. So sue me!
PS On a totally unrelated note, I really LOVE youtube .
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Shayne,
I really love that song. It's actually one of my favorite disney tunes. We have that cd too.
You & Kendall were big music influences in mine & Ang's lives so I'm sorry I like country music.
P.S. I had to use dictionary.com for this post. I feel dumb.
Haha, you like Little Mermaid. Lame.
hmmm, I think all the estrogen floating around that house has done you wrong...punky brewster meets little mermaid?!? Brutal. Besides nobody does disney like The Cure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV7RGCsjG2k
Oh wait, I don't have that cd.
We have the original song version.
Post a Comment