Well, I can't think of a word to describe the marathon except for suck. As Homer Simpson said, it was the biggest bunch of suck that ever sucked.
But Daisy did awesome and qualified for Boston with a 3:39:41 time. That was great.
I am glad it is over, I had some stomach problems, I won't bore you with any more gruesome details. But one thing that was awesome was I came into Veyo and heard the roar of the crowd and as I came in it seemed to pick up some. People got a bigger smile on their face as I ran by and the applause went from moderate to quite loud. There were even a few "woo"s in there. I started to pick up my pace a little and felt better as I was about to challenge Veyo hill. Just as I am leaving town, however, I turn to my left and realize that everyone is cheering for a guy pushing another guy in a wheelchair.
Needless to say, they beat me up Veyo hill and as far as I know in the race too.
So nice job to them and way to go Daisy, I am so proud.
Monday, October 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I know you already know that it isn't the time, but its the effort and the completion of the race that makes you a success! Some of us couldn't even make it to the Veyo hill, let alone make it over the top and to the finish line. So don't beat yourself up, Son - You are really amazing completing #9 and your time wasn't that bad anyway!
(Spoken like a true mother, I know, but the words are true!)
Now as a true mother I'll advise you to quit beating up your body and start lifting weights or something!
Mom
Shayne, that's cool that you've made it 9 years. Good job. Next year is the big dinner!
I love you. And I'm sorry you didn't run your best time ever....I still haven't beat THAT time. SO you got me there.
I, for one, would love the gruesome details...
Haha! You're mom's funny!
Congrats to you & holy cow! I don't know your wife but it's so cool that she's an awesome runner.
I've never tried a marathon & probably never will..you guys are awesome!!
hey well your time could always be worse. I'm sure there were quite a few people over the 7 hour mark even. I didn't run cause my wife ran under 4 hours too. Good job and I'll hear about the details at work I'm sure.
By the way you walk a little funny now.
Shayne, I thought you were happy to have a body like David Spade.
dude at least you beat supergreg's bro niles (see 4 below you...)
link
and at least you ran a freaking marathon.
good job.
and as sore as you may be, you can always still golf. (and they call it a sport)
Shayne,
The fact that you did it makes you awesome. There are those of us (me) that would be dead at an attempt. You rock too. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Ha. Some of us only heckle from the sidelines, but if I were put on the starting line, I think I'd have more than just stomach problems ... I'd probably explode from the suspense alone.
By the way, the wheelchair was probably secretly motorized. Stupid crippled people and their cheating ways!
Did I just write what I thought I did ...? Time to change the subject ...
i couldn't agree more marty. you should tell your dad to give them all F's in gym class.
Post a Comment