- Thursday and Friday was so great but Saturday was too much, way too many people. I got claustrophobic.
- California Adventure was much fun and is highly underrated.
- My second child (Clayre) is a ride freak.
- Some people have no business waiting in line for an autograph and picture with a "princess". If you are older than 10 and/or male and you wait more than 15 minutes for something like this then you are a loser, I don't care what country you are from.
- Taking a photograph of the curtain of a show that has not yet begun is not necessary.
- Taking a photograph of the entrance to Disneyland is also not necessary unless there is a person whom you know that is in the photograph.
- Taking a photograph of anything without a person that you know in it is not necessary.
- I don't do rides so I got some great bonding time with my 3 year old (Kate) and got to know my 6 month old (Maggie) which was nice. She's all right that little one. Call me when you can walk Maggie and we'll get back together.
- Surprising the girls after we picked up my oldest (Parly) from school and we were in the van on our way was fun but not as fun as I imagined.
- The fact that Disneyland now charges $11 for parking is such a ridiculous joke that I no longer feel guilty or bad about the next point.
- In order to minimize costs we bought 5 - 5 day park hopper tickets for $800 from disneyland.com, used 3 of the days, and sold the other 2 days on ebay for $330.
Monday, March 12, 2007
Disneyland, the most magically expensive place on earth
We just got back from 3 days of Disneyland. Here is a summary:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you're wrong. disneyworld is more expensive. if you stay on the resort you have no choice but to buy your kids $8 grilled cheese sandwiches. i made them live off airplane pretzles as long as i could.
holy crap that's expensive -
25 day passes is $32/ticket/day,
by selling them you only saved like .60/ticket/day - not that impressed with your last point...
dude that's the funniest thing i've heard ever, the older dudes waiting in line for 30 minutes for an autograph of a worker in a fairy costume making $8/hour hahahahaha
if it's for their kid why don't they fake it and if it's for them they are lame.
I am not sure of your math J but if you want to break it down by ticket each day I saved $13/ticket each day. The point is I ended up $480 out of pocket for a 3 day park hopper for 5 people which retails for over $650. I may have compromised my morals and will go to hell for it but it is done and I am not ruling it out next time.
And the people waiting in line for princess pics and autographs, and this is eerily related to a recent post of mine, tended to be of asian decent. I want to say right here "not that there is anything wrong with that" but I can't, there is a lot wrong with it.
Post a Comment